Thursday, March 21, 2013

Black & White - Not just for Jailbirds

Yesterday I was raving about colour and how everyone should wear it and today I am wearing black and white. The fickle world of fashion...I've been covering World MasterCard Fashion Week (#WMCFW) in Toronto for QMI Agency (took today off, however, you can find me here, here or here) and one very strong trend that will carry on into Fall/Winter '13 is black and white. This is something I can get on board with as long as it doesn't over take all the strides I've made in embracing colour and patters. The 90s were all about black and it felt like a really long funeral.

The Joe Fresh show was almost entirely void of any colour. It was a huge risk and I think it paid off. Other fashion lines like Pink Tartan, Mackage, Matis, Line and David Dixon all had elements of B&W in their shows. Why mess with a sure thing?


I find when wearing B&W I always wear red lips. Something needs to pop!


Another popular trend that will continue well into Winter of '13 is peplum. Yeah!! I love the femininity of this trend.


I purchased these shoes at least 7 years ago. Classics last forever!




I plan on doing a Fashion Week Wrap up this weekend. I am enjoying my first time at the shows and hope to share a bit of what I've learned.

Sweater - Banana Republic
Skirt & Belt - Cassis (Old)
Shoes - Nine West (Old)

10 comments:

  1. CUTE outfit..lovely shoes..
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit. Looking classy as always. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy outfit and fabulous shoes!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! Awesome that you're covering WMCFW as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit. And the shoes. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Iva...YOU LOOK STUNNING....ALL 6 FEET OF YOU! WOWIE! Love that striped peplum sweater with the pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - this is amazing - I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete