Friday, October 12, 2012

British Casual Weekend

Now I am ready for the British Countryside. I left my heels & blazer in the closet and got my boots & sweater (Hunters would be perfect but I don't own a pair). Yesterday I played around with my clothes, showing slight variations of an outfit till I got it just right. I think most of us do that. I kept the essentials from yesterdays outfit (Jeans, button down and sweater) and added a long sweater coat (not sure what to call this) and some boots. Automatically changes the outfit to something much more casual, like a day in the country.

This is also how we make use of our wardrobe and get more wear out of all our pieces.



What do you think I have in my pockets?



I just can't seem to get rid of this scarf.



See what I mean?


This is what was underneath the blazer and sweater/cardigan (still not sure).


Thank you to everyone who voted for me. I am #7 in the "Circle of Moms" Top 25 Canadian Blogs. No more annoying messages of "Please vote for me". I did discover some new blogs and one I really enjoyed was "Mommy's Weird". Kyla is funny and makes me laugh. Now that the cut throat competition is over I can give her some recognition.

Now back to what's important, what I'm wearing.

Sweater & Shirt - Brooks Brothers (old)
Jeans - James Jeans (old)
Boots - Frye (old)
Sweater - Cassis (old)
Scarf - Anthropologie (old)
Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Bracelet - Stella & Dot
Watch - Michael Kors

16 comments:

  1. love the outfit! cozy sweater and comfy boots!

    xx amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look ! perfect for the country side ! Enjoy !

    XX Luba
    Well Living Blog

    :: GIVEAWAY :: exclusive Michael Kors bag :: GIVEAWAY
    http://very-well-living.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/worldwide-giveaway-michael-kors-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very British :) Sophie x

    Http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layering of the sweater coat, and the hunter green scarf is a fabulous finishing touch!

    http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these fall fabulous outfits! The white blouse under the short sleeve sweater is too cute!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfit with the emerald green scarf!! So pretty. :)

    xo - Sheila

    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahaha! Thanks for the shout out "after" that stupid competition.
    P.s when I am born again, can I look like you...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure as long as I get your sense of humour and DJ job. Plus you get my four kids. Only fair!

      Delete
  8. This is a really cute outfit, I would definitely rock this look!

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the layering..with the cardi..without the scarf is my favorite!
    Love comfy cari's like that!
    Have a great weekend!
    Sheree xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super chic and super cozy - so happy fall is here!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look, especially w/the scarf. xA

    ReplyDelete