Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Silk Blouse + Python = Date Night Or Girls Night Out

Carriage Trade is helping me get my pretty on. Blouses are everywhere and so are the price points and fabrications. To be quite honest, nothing says "woman" like a beautiful blouse, Joie did an amazing job of showcasing well cut and versatile blouses for women. Whether you are looking for brights or neutrals Joie did it - and in silk! Now silk is not for the kids nor is it a good idea to apply body lotion then touch a silk blouse (learned two hard lessons - both pieces ended in the garbage) but it is for grown ups and grown up things like work, date night or dinner with friends. So I had to pick this blouse and then I saw these jeans in dark PYTHON!

I have to be honest the light python pants scare me, too many possibilities of dimpling showing. I hate dimpling, now this python is dark and hides everything. Moreover, these pants have a higher rise. You all know why I love a higher rise (for those who don't four kids equals skin stretching) and these pants hit the sweet spot and make me look good. Carriage Trade is one of the few boutiques I know that is carrying this brand - CJ by Cookie Johnson. I love them.



Love the studding on this purse, plus it has lots of slots inside for all your cards. No need for your wallet. The purse also has enough room for a cell phone and a lipstick. Once my son is out of diapers I may need to downsize my over sized purses for something smaller.



Outfit sourced from Carriage Trade.

Blouse - Joie
Denim - CJ by Cookie Johnson
Necklace - Ellie Phont
Bracelets - CC Skye
Purse - Rebecca Minkoff
Watch - Michael Kors
Shoes - Jimmy Choo

20 comments:

  1. I love your jeans. :D So stylish!

    xx Diana
    http://stylegrenade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This look is soooo chic!! I love the edge yet classy look about it! Looks great on you!!

    Oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! The pants look amazing on you and the blouse is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this look!!

    http://mrmrswalsh.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so gorgeous and stylish! What an outfit! Love the silk blouse and python jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pants on you!! Amazing! And can't beat pairing it with Jimmy Choos! :)

    xo - Sheila

    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous outfit...I would love those jeans. so on trend but so wearable. great purse too...it's great to ditch the big bags when the kids get older! yay to no diapers! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have a great pair of leg. am so jealous. The pants look perfect on you.

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blouse is beautiful. I think blue really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those jeans are great and I am loving the pointy toe shoes..my favorite!
    Sheree xxx
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such great taste! I'm loving that purse!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. looking gorgeous in those pants girl! such a fab outfit for girls night out :)

    xoxo,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am drooling over those pants <3
    another lovely post!
    xoxo

    www.yestoofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that you did a terrific job in styling these pants!! Great outfit!

    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit. The color of your top looks amazing on you. The pants too.

    Xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pants with a higher rise are flattering on everyone, I wish all pants were like this. I would have been scared of these to, but I love how classy you look in them! Not everyone can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit! Love the blouse and the bag!
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment. Yes, let's follow each other! I'm now following you on GFC and I hope you can follow back soon. :) I look forward to keeping in touch.
    Have a fabulous day!

    xo Vivian
    Flightgirl Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great look, love the colors, the silk, and the python! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment, I really like your blog and following you on GFC, I hope you will follow back, keep in touch,
    xx
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a frequent visitor in your blogs, this post is very interesting and easy to read .... I hope to visit again

    ReplyDelete