Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bridal Shower Chic

Today I had the pleasure of attending the bridal shower of a close family friend. Everything was perfect and the future bride radiated happiness. I had a chance to catch up with friends and family that are scattered across the southern part of the province and share a special day with a beautiful woman.

This is what I wore...


I've been out of the corporate world for a very long time, however, with a closed toe nude shoe, a jacket or cardigan and I'm sure you could wear this to work. 


These are my favourite shoes, they are comfortable and stylish. The platform is the key.



When you purchase a good handbag it is never out of fashion. My husband bought me this Furla bag in Croatia almost 8 years ago as a "I'm sorry I'm leaving you and our newborn daughter so I can travel Croatia with your parents and sister and have a great time" present. I may not pull it out every year, however, it is as stylish now as it was back then.

The colour is what makes the bag the statement piece of the outfit. Navy and avocado just work.

Some may be wondering if you can mix metallics, I just did and it worked great - silver, rose and gold tones are all neutrals and nothing is over powering.


Another reason I love these shoes - it goes with the avocado handbag and the navy skirt. Just fades away and plays a great "supporting role".


Hoping everyone had a great weekend, I know Tina probably had one of the best!

Top - Zara
Skirt - Banana Republic
Shoes - Jimmy Choo
Handbag - Furla (old)
Necklace - Gifted
Watch - Michael Kors
Bracelets - Coach (old), Forever 21

7 comments:

  1. Super cute! I especially love that avocado tote and how well it complements your navy/white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! I love your style.
    I was supposed to be at a bridal shower yesterday too! I couldn't go. My little one was sick and so am I....Scarey thing, I think it was in TO too!!!
    Thanks for visiting Great Family Fun!
    Following you back, and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly know how to dress very well. I like the outfit, shoes and bag. They fit you so nicely. I am a new fan of your Blog. Thanks for becoming a Follower of my Blog. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by with a follow back! Thanks so much for following me. Love the whole ensemble, but the handbag is absolutely divine!
    http://www.gbedwright.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit :) So stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great peplum top!
    alwayssaygrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from Bloggy moms. I am following you GFC. Love for you to follow back. I am hosting a blog hop for facebook pages and twitter pages now. Love to have you. Also you can check THE BLOG LOG for some active hops today. Looking forward to following your blog ;)
    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete